Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lucite Love

We all love and adore Lucite, I mean, who doesn't?! Acrylic resin is a wonderful material to construct furniture and accessories out of. It's been around for awhile (since the 1930's I believe) but it seems as if it were 'resurrected' in 2002 when Phillippe Stark introduced the world to the Louis Ghost Chair. I remember the first time I laid eyes on that chair! (Is that strange? Love at first site with a chair?! Sad, but true.)


Although this chair can be seen almost every where you turn nowdays, I still love it. I still want one of my own and still suggest it for clients (example here.) If your looking to add a little bit of lucite in your life, here's a few other furniture items and accessories I recommend:

image via DWR, Knock-off available here

 available here

 available here

available here

available here

available here

available here

available here

There are three main reasons why I love lucite furnishings so much; 1) they don't take up a lot of space visually 2) they mix well with any style whether it be traditional, modern, eclectic, etc. and 3) it's a great way to break up all those wood tones in a space. While we're at it, here's a few gorgeous interiors featuring lucite;

















Do you own any acrylic or lucite furniture? Do you love it as much as I do?!

images via Elle Decor, Architectural Digest, Lonny Magazine, Angie Hranowsky, Pinterest, and Unknown
Related Posts with Thumbnails