Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Project Update: Master Bedroom

Here's a design concept board I came up with recently for a client I'm working with. (I shared a little bit more about her home here if you are interested.)

Two main requirements for the space were 1) a bed with a foot board and 2) lots of storage for clothing (since closet space is pretty minimal.) Keeping in mind the historic bones of the house (built in 1895) and the young, hip couple that I am working with, I came up with a design that incorporates traditional elements with some modern accents. The result, a serene beach-inspired master bedroom!

(click to enlarge)

Here's what the space plan looks like:

The room measures approximately 12' x 12' but I was able to maximize the space by using short dressers as night tables flanking each side of the bed and by placing a large clothing storage armoire opposite the bed. A lucite Ghost Chair in the corner creates a small sitting area, but without taking up too much space visually. The couple lives just minutes from the bay and has a love for all things coastal-inspired so I incorporated some 'beachy' accents like the capiz shell pillow, driftwood mirror and ocean scene artwork. The large slate blue graphic rug grounds the space and the pale green wall color gives the room a serene, retreat like feel. I love the way this design board turned out and I can't wait to see the room come together!


If you would like to find out more information about my e-design services, go here.  
I offer stylish design solutions at very affordable rates!!!  
Email me at mary_jpmdesign@yahoo.com for additional info.

Related Posts with Thumbnails