Monday, June 13, 2011

Gone Surfin

The weather has finally warmed up here in California (it's been unusually cold and wet for May and June.) So now that the sun is shining and the temps are rising all I can think about is my next trip to the beach!

Have you ever noticed how a surfboard propped in the corner or mounted on the wall automatically adds a relaxed, laid back vibe to any room? It's no wonder, the whole 'surfer look' is defined by carefree casualness! I'm sure I've posted a few of these images before, but I can't help myself in sharing them again! Here's a peak at some very stylish rooms featuring surfboards;

via BHG

via House Beautiful
via Pinterest

via Unknown
via Pinterest

via House Beautiful

via Decorpad

via Tim Clarke

 via Coastal Living

via Brooke Gianetti

via Pinterest

via House Beautiful

via Habitually Chic

via Elle Decor
via Pinterest

via Habitually Chic

via Nate Berkus

 via House Beautiful

via Elle Decor

via Australian Vogue Living
 
What do you think of this look? Would you prop a surfboard in an empty corner or mount one on the wall in your house? Do you think this should only be left to those who actually live near the beach?

I can't believe I'm going to show you this. . . but here's a (really horrible) picture I found recently that dates back to when I first moved to Los Angeles, was in college and trying to be a 'surfer girl'. Ha! 


This was one of my first apartments living on my own. I really had a lot to learn about decorating at the time (do you like the scarf-turned-tablecloth on my patio furniture-turned-dining table?! I won't even comment on the wind chime, fake flowers or overload on the chachkis. . . what was I thinking?!) But notice my super cute yellow and white surfboard?! It wasn't used for 'decorating' at the time, I just didn't have anywhere else to store it. That board is currently in my garage gathering dust. I am totally considering proping it in a corner somewhere in my house! What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails