Thursday, June 23, 2011

Patio Progress

I mentioned here that I am slowly but surely making an outdoor living space at mi casa. It's coming along at a turtles pace but I am getting excited about how it's turning out so far! Last week my honey came home with two end tables he picked up at a thrift store for only $10 bucks each. (I've taught him well ;)


They will be squashed together and used as a coffee table in the seating area. I love their beachy-distressed look!

We've hung cafe lights and I can not tell you how adorable they look at night. Sort of like this;

via Apartment Therapy

I purchased these Imperial Trellis knock off indoor-outdoor pillows from Target online recently, but am still waiting for them to arrive;

available here

I finally figured out what I am going to do with my old surfboard that is collecting dust in the garage. . . I'm going to hang it on the wall, on the patio!



We have purchased and potted several plants for the space, including some Japanase maples and my favorite, succulents!

via Flickr

I found an outdoor rug at Big Lots yesterday that was only $39.99. It looks a lot like this more expensive version;

available here

My mom recently gave me an old Adirondack chair that I plan on sanding and painting. I'm thinking a fun turquoise. . . or maybe red?!


Here's what my honey got for Father's Day. . .


. . . A pair of stone foo dog statues. I think they will be happy living on the patio perched next to a Japanese maple tree!

When it's not a million degrees outside I have been enjoying our newly habitable patio. It was formally just an ugly slab of bare concrete that we never used, but now I spend more time out there than in the actual living room!  I'll be back soon to show you some photos of the actual, finished space.

What about you. .  .Have you been doing any outdoor living lately?!
Related Posts with Thumbnails