Friday, February 24, 2012

DIY Headboard

Happy Friday! I want to share a 'lil project I recently finished around my house. You might remember the improvements I have been slowly making to my 10 year old step daughters bedroom. (If not you can check out this post, this post, this post or this post.) Well, I just completed an easy, do-it-yourself headboard for her bedroom and I love the way it turned out! Take a peak;


I found this fun material on clearance at my favorite discount fabric store for only $3.00/yard! I couldn't pass it up because incorporated all of the colors already in her room (red, pink, lime green, yellow and turquoise.) I also purchased a white, fitted bedskirt to help tie the bedding all together. I really cheated when it came to constructing the headboard - I used foam boards instead of plywood and adhered it to the wall with 3M tape. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone my secret!) I lalala-love the way it ties the whole room together now! Here's a closeup;


Now the only thing I have left to do  is a dresser makeover and some art to complete the room. . . Have you finished any super easy and super cheap projects lately? I would love to hear about it! Have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back next week with double posts since this week has been a little sporadic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails