Friday, June 24, 2011

High Style, Low Cost Ideas with Design Manifest!

Today Naomi from the blog Design Manifest is here to share a cheap and chic lil project with you. I'm a huge fan of Naomi's blog. . . her style is so unique and inspiring! I love reading her posts, there is always something fresh and new that I have never seen before. So you can only imagine how excited I was that she agreed to stop by today!!


-----------------

Hi everyone, I'm so happy to be over here sharing a little makeover. I used to consider myself incredibly un-handy. Drilling, hanging, recovering felt overwhelming and out of my realm. But little by little I've tackled small projects and gained confidence. If I can do this stuff, anyone can!
 
Last year I found these great stools from JC Penney. They were inexpensive and I loved the faux bamboo look, so I scooped up two of them. I knew I could simply screw off the top and spray paint the base. The shape of the cushion seemed easy enough to recover too.


I love stools because they can be used anywhere and are such an easy way to infuse personality into a space. You can go a little bolder because they are small. Plus the look is easy to change out. I opted to give them a bit of oomp by spray painting the bases fire engine red.



And then I recovered the tops in a pretty Balinese fabric my Mom had leftover.


They instantly felt more exotic and custom to me. Whenever I see them, they bring a smile to my face.


8 months later, I've moved and the decor of my new place is heading in a whole different direction. So I'm actually planning to change up the base and fabric on top. In a way it makes me sad to lose this pair, but I can always change it back if I want. Plus I'll always have the pictures!

So Cindy Crawford Stools VS My Stools... who wins in a boxing match?



** These particular stools are no longer available, but I wanted to point out that this could be done with any piece. Just find a stool with an interesting shape, add a bold color and a new fabric that makes you happy and boom amazing new stools for you!

Thanks so much for having me over, Mary! It was fun to share.

xo,
Naomi
-----------------

Did you know that Naomi is lucky enough to work as a father-daughter team with her dad, designing and renovating houses?! She's also pretty talented in the Ikea-hacking department if you ask me! Check this out:


And here's what the finished Ikea Rast cabinets looks like in her home;


I told ya the girl was brilliant! Happy Friday, everyone! :)
 

Related Posts with Thumbnails