Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wedding Wednesday!

Well, I've been happily married now for over two weeks. The wedding was so memorable, so perfect and so much fun! We strived to have a relaxed and casual beach wedding with a rustic and bohemian vibe and I think we achieved just that. There are thousands of pictures from the BIG day but I tried to narrow them down to just a few favorites to share with you. . . Take a peak at our wedding;

























We were married Saturday, October 15th on the beach in Aptos, California. I prayed to the weather gods for six  months that we would have clear skies (and no rain) on our big day, and sure enough it was gorgeous out! The fog started to burn off and the sun peaked through the clouds just as the ceremony began. I walked down the aisle as my husbands brother played 'All You Need is Love' on the acoustic guitar. We had a short ceremony (about 10 minutes long) and a good friend of ours was the officiant. Him and I collaborated just two days before hand to put together the ceremony. It could not have been more perfect - just enough laughs and just enough tears were shed by everyone in attendance. My stepdaughter carried an abalone shell with our rings tied into it while my step son served as the best man. My two sisters (who happen to be twins) played 'rock, paper, scissors' just moments before walking down the aisle in order to determine who would be the maid of honor while my cousin (and good friend) served as the other bridesmaid.

We asked a friend to take pictures for us, and she did a phenomenal job!  Our 'getaway' vehicle was a car we borrowed from a family friend - a red, 1967 Chevy Chevelle with black racing stripes - so hot! The reception was held just 10 minutes away at the La Selva Beach Clubhouse. After searching high and low for the perfect place to hold the party, we settled on the Clubhouse because it was SO affordable and had a lot of rustic charm. We even had a fire going in the huge fireplace all night night long! I kept the decorations simple - burlap table runners, potted orchids and loose flowers in mason jars adorned the tables. We served beer, wine and sangria and for dinner we served traditional Hawaiian food that got rave reviews. We had a dessert buffet table with all sorts of cookies, pies, cakes and candies to choose from. It was seriously one great party - we danced and drank and ate all night long! It was nothing fussy nor fancy, just a lot of love and a lot of fun, which is just our style.

There are so many more details to share that I will break it down into a couple of other 'Wedding Wednesday' posts over the next couple of weeks! I hope you enjoyed the peak into what was seriously the best day ever!


Related Posts with Thumbnails