Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mix and Match Chairs

I think the first time I saw a dining area with mix and matched chairs was on the set of 'Friends' back in the 90's. I remember loving Monica's hand-me-down, shabby chic apartment. . .especially those chairs!


Fast forward to 2011 and you will notice that more and more people are opting for non-matching dining chairs. Who says all of the chairs around a table need to match, anyway?! I love straying from the typical 'decorating rules' every now and again, and this rule was meant to be broken! When a home is filled with  with eclectic, collected pieces that work well together you can't help but create a unique and inviting interior. Take a peak and you will see what I mean;

via Belle Maison 

 via Domino 

via Living Etc. 

via Unknown

via Apartment Therapy

via Design Sponge 

via Elle Decor

via House and Home

via Nest DC

via La Dolce Vita

 via Greg Scheidemann

via Peacock Feathers

via Young House Love

What about you? Would you dare to go non-matching? Or would it feel like leaving the house with two different shoes on your feet?! Please share :)


 
Related Posts with Thumbnails