Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Day!

Guess what today is--it's my blogiversary! 


To be honest, when I started all this one year ago today, I didn't even really know what a blog was! I  thought it would be fun to create my own little 'online scrapbook' of images that I like, rooms that I am currently designing, stuff that inspires me, as well as a place to collect my random thoughts at the moment, and thus, my blog was born. I named it 'JPM Design' after my interior design business and thought I could eventually fuse the two together. (Sidenote: if anyone is interested or cares--J.P.M. obviously aren't my initials, but the initials of my grandmother who I credit for my artistic abilities.) If you look back, some of my first few posts were rather amateurish and contained very little content, and I have to laugh at myself for being so naive! Fast forward one year later and  I have posted 225 times and I have 22 followers (ok, it's not that many, but I appreciate all 22 of you!!!) I currently read over 200 different blogs ranging in topic from art, architecture, design, cooking, and fashion to weddings and events. I have accumulated over 7,000 images onto one teeny tiny thumb drive that I carry around with me everywhere I go. I have to admit, I am addicted to blogging!
Blogs really are an amazing thing, the way they connect ideas and people with similar interests. Little did I know, one year ago that such a huge online community existed of people just like me! Through blogs, I have learned so much (the stuff they DON'T teach you in design school!) and I am so grateful for stumbling upon what is now my favorite hobby!  I've never claimed to be a writer, just a girl who loves design and architecture, party planning, and color, color and more color!



I am so appreciative of each and every person who stops by and takes a look or read what I have to say. To this day, my eyes light up with excitement when someone leaves a comment on a post! I hope to make some changes and improvements to my blog over the course of the next few months, so stay tuned, and I hope ya'll keep coming back to visit! Thanks again!






Related Posts with Thumbnails