Thursday, April 14, 2011

Project Update

I'm working with a new client who recently purchased a historic home in the bay area. Here's a shot of the exterior;


Isn't she a beauty?! Built in 1895! While there is a lot of work to do, the house definately has good 'bones' and TONS of potential! My client so graciously gave me the thumbs up to share the design plans for her Foyer with you today.

Here's the space plan I drew in AutoCAD;


And here is the design concept board I came up with:


The mirrored console is an existing piece of furniture she already has and the gorgeous light fixture was something she had actually already picked out. We're going to be doing woven wood shades throughout the main living areas as well as painting a few rooms in this gorgeous shade of gray-blue (Restoration Hardware, Shore.) I think the 8' round rug is really going to make the entry way to this home come alive! The whole vibe of the house is going to be very 'rustic-beachy' with lots of blues and greens and whites balanced with weathered gray furnishings and white lacquered pieces in the living areas. I really love the way the design for the Foyer came together! What do you think?

If you would like help creating a home you absolutely love every time you walk in the door, contact me! I'm offering my e-design services at really low, reasonable rates right now!
Related Posts with Thumbnails