Monday, May 16, 2011

High Style, Low Budget Ideas with Kayce

We have another guest stopping by today! Kayce from Kayce's Blog is here to share some fabulous ideas on how to achieve a high-end look on a low-end budget! Aside from being a blogger and mother of seven, Kayce is the owner and designer of a line of super adorable woman's and children's clothing. You can check it out here.  
-----------------
 
For me one of the things that turn an average room into a fantastic room is having something that I love on the walls. For me usually the bigger the better. There is nothing like a big empty wall paired with a small budget to get the creative juices flowing. Here are a few of my projects.


I knew that I wanted a big mirror over the fireplace in our office. I found this large mirror (42x46) at Habitat Home Store for under $10. Then I bought the wood molding at Lowe's. I painted it silver and then "antiqued" it a bit with shoe polish.


Over my daughter's bed I wanted a big modern piece. I bought a canvas that is 4 feet by 6 feet and with watered down Elmer's glue decoupaged pages from an old Oswald Chambers book. Then I "threw" on some navy paint.


I had so much fun that I made these to for my husband. They have since been stolen and are seen here in my 15year old daughters room.


One if my first "empty wall projects" was framing images from an old Babar book. I did these about 15 years ago for my son's bed room. They now live in our play room. I love how sets of images can come together and feel like a large piece. And I can't believe I didn't straighten them before shooting this picture! I made the frames by painting back band from a hardware store but with so many great framing options I don't think that I would do it again now.


I could go on and on, (I do have an empty wall phobia). I have framed 8 vintage handkerchiefs, 10 collages of shells found on the beach, 6 vintage doll hats, coins collected by my father in law, 24 vintage clothing pattern covers and more. I would love to hear about some of your creative solutions to an empty wall.
-----------------

Thanks so much for stopping by Kayce! I love all of the creative, low cost, original art that you have created throughout your house! These are all amazing ideas for filling up an empty wall without spending a ton of money!


Related Posts with Thumbnails