Thursday, May 26, 2011

Craving Simplicity

Sometimes it is hard to know where to draw the line when designing or decorating. There's always your basic formulas for putting together any space, whether it be a living room, dining room, bedroom, whatever. More and more lately I find myself loving spaces for their 'undecorated' qualities. Take for example this lovely bedroom;


There is no fancy headboard, nightstands or lamps. There is no bench at the end of the bed, nor is their a rug to ground the space or curtains to add softness. No bedskirt, artwork or other unnecessary objects. Just a gorgeous wall color, basic bedding, a few simple decorative items and a inexpensive Ikea light fixture. Yet somehow it seems so perfect!

And speaking of 'undecorating'. . . this book is on my wishlist for anybody looking for something to buy me for my upcoming birthday :)

 available here

Related Posts with Thumbnails