Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bargain Hunting at Ross

While perusing the isles of Ross earlier today I spotted a large abstract painting on a canvas that stopped me dead in my tracks! It was huge (about 42" x 42"), filled with tons of color and was priced pretty reasonably at $39.99.


I think this affordable artwork would look great in a living room placed above a neutral colored upholstered sofa! So great in fact, I put together an example. . .

Doesn't the cheap-o abstract art look great with the neutral colored sofa, dainty brass end tables and glass gourd lamps?! Also, the purple pillows add an extra punch of color that rounds out the space. (Ok, it's only half of a room, it still need side chairs, a rug and a coffee table to be complete. . . but you get the picture!)

This is just another example of why I typically suggest selecting neutral colored furnishings for your big ticket items (sofa, end tables, etc.)  Then you can pop in some color through your art, pillows and accessories. If you get tired of the space you can always switch things out to create a fresh new look without spending a ton of money!
Related Posts with Thumbnails