Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kitchen Makeover

Made By Girl is hands down one of my favorite blogs to read. Jen Ramos is not only a talented artist (check out her Etsy shop here) but also has an eye for interiors, great style and impeccable taste. She is constantly providing me (and all her other 50 bazillion readers) inspiration on a daily basis (Have I ever mentioned that I spend WAY too much time reading design blogs?!) Anyway. . .

Jen moved a few months back and has been sharing all of her remodeling and decorating projects on her blog. My favorite room in her house to date is definitely her kitchen. She took her boring, builder basic space and turned it into something so fantastic I am squealing with delight!

This kitchen served as her inspiration: 
via Style At Home

Here is what her kitchen looked like before (she had the light fixtures installed just prior to moving in): 

Hold onto your socks . . . And here is what the kitchen currently looks like:

Jen hired a contractor to paint the cabinets white and install a backsplash. Here's a close up of the honed 3x6 Carrara Marble tiles purchased from Home Depot: 

And the polished chrome drawer pulls and knobs, also from Home Depot:


I love the fact that she was brave enough to mix finishes and combined the brass and navy Hicks Pendants from Circa Lighting with all the polished chrome in the space. It's so very modern and chic. I think the finished space looks amazing, I wish I could move right in! And I can't forget to mention those acrylic barstools, love love love!
all images via Jen of Made by Girl

What does your dream kitchen look like? 

Contact me if you would like assistance turning your boring, builder-basic kitchen into something spectacular! Whether your kitchen needs a total overhaul or just a fresh coat of paint, I can help. Hiring a designer can help you save time and money!
Related Posts with Thumbnails