Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flowers to Match your Wedding Style

Since it's 'Wedding Wednesday' I just wanted to share briefly with you all that my fiance and I have set a date! Well, sort of. . . It's still 'tentative' at this point, but I'm running with it! We plan on getting married in Aptos, California on September 17th, 2011. After the holidays are over I am going into total 'wedding planning' mode!

Since we are getting married on the beach and holding the reception at a home overlooking the Monterey Bay, we are choosing to go with a more casual style for our wedding with a beachy sort of feel. (When referring to the look and feel of any wedding, I prefer to use the word 'style' as apposed to 'theme'. The phrase 'wedding theme' makes me cringe for some reason. . .)

Ok, enough about me. . . Here's a list of ten different wedding 'styles' that I've compiled and flowers and greens that coordinate with each;

Rustic

   Sunflowers

   Thistles
  

Casual

   Aster and Daisies

   Babies Breath
  

Beachy

   Palmetto Fans & Orchids

   Birds of Paradise


Modern 

  Chrysanthemums 

  Dahlia


Formal

   Calla Lilies

    Roses 


Intimate
Hydrangea

   Magnolia 


Romantic

  Peonies

  Tulips  


Whimsical

    Fiddlehead Fern
  
    Ranunculus


Playful

  Billy Balls and Succulents

Daisies 

For my wedding I plan on using a combination of orchids and succulents!

Related Posts with Thumbnails