Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wishing I was pool side. . .

I was at Michael's craft store yesterday buying a frame to add to my living room gallery wall. (Their entire stock is 40% off right now!) I almost had a panic attack when I saw the Christmas merchandise isles being set up! I find it hard to grasp the idea of purchasing fall and winter decor (let alone long sleeve sweaters, boots, etc.)  when it's still triple digit temperatures outside! Is it just me?! Anyway. . . while the rest of the world is preparing for fall I'd rather be sitting by the pool today, cooling off from this strangely hot, 101 degree day!

Take a look at this amazing outdoor living space by Southern California interior designer Chris Barret. This  4,641 square foot Spanish style, Santa Monica residence was featured in Architectural Digest a few months back. You can view the entire home and article here.


The outdoor living area features a free standing fire place, pool with antique terracotta pavers, a custom fountain and spa, and a lounge area that is calling my name!!

Side Note: Today I'm guest posting over at Journey Chic! Laura recently had a baby and reached out to some fellow bloggers for help to keep her blog up and running while she's busy adjusting to being a new mom. I'm super excited to be included in the line up for her "Summer Essential" series. Head over there now to see my list of summer picnic essentials!
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails