Thursday, August 12, 2010

Master Bedroom Before & After

Monday I mentioned that I would be sharing some pictures from projects that I have completed in the past. Take a look at this master bedroom that I did just after starting my design business a few years ago. We were going for a comfy, feminine, country-cottage feel and I think I was able to accomplish just that!

Before

After

Out with the old 80's brass bed and in with a traditional sleigh bed! Paint color is Kelley Moore, Tropical Straw. I designed the custom drapery panels and pillows done in coordinating floral, stripe and checkered patterned fabrics. We used swing arm lamps at each bedside, which I think really helped give the room a cottage-y feel. The night stands were later replaced with antique end tables, and we later installed cord covers on the lamps as well. The other side of the room (not featured) had an 8' tall by 6' wide antique armoire and we also created a sitting area with two wicker chairs.


Although the country-cottage look isn't quite my person style, I still enjoyed working on this project and was pretty happy with the end results!
Related Posts with Thumbnails