Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trend Alert: Brass is Back!

Last week I did a post about mirrored walls and how they are making a big comeback. Also reminiscent of the 80's era of home decor is brass. . . and it's back as well! Whether it's soft, polished, antiqued or hammered, brass is popping up everywhere you turn. I love the element of the unexpected it can add to a space. Whether it's a piece of furniture, light fixture, accessory or hardware, you can't go wrong by adding a touch of brass to either a traditional or modern space!

via Bear Hill Interiors

via Angie Hranowsky (Have I mentioned she's one of my favorite designers?!) 

via Domino 

 via Urban Grace

 via Kelly Wearstler

via unknown

via me

via Unknow

Want to add a little brassy-ness to your home's decor? Here's some ideas:

via here

 via here


 via here


via here

via here



via here

via here
via here


via here


I have to laugh because my mom has had two brass lamps carefully tucked away in storage for several years. She purchased them in the late 80's and spent a small fortune on them at the time. In the late 90's they got swapped out with some wrought iron lamps but she held onto the 'dated' brass ones because of the fact that they were really nice quality and were quite expensive when she purchased them. When I happened to find them in her storage a few years ago and asked her why in the world she is keeping those hideous things, she joked and said "You never know, brass might come back some day!"
Related Posts with Thumbnails