Thursday, January 6, 2011

Decorating a Nursery

Believe it or not, I've never had the pleasure of designing or decorating a nursery. (It's the only room in a home that I have yet to tackle. . . ) I think that might change in 2011 though. NO, I'm not pregnant, I just have several friends and family members that are expecting or considering starting new families. Children's rooms are so fun because you can pull out all the stops, let your imagination take over and run with it. While I love whimsical nurseries or childrens rooms, I am really drawn to spaces that combine elements of whimsy with sophistication. Oh, and a healthy dose of color is always good too ;) Check out these stylish nurseries;

via Style at Home

via Christina Murphy

via House of Turquoise 

Don't forget to take advantage of the fifth wall in a nursery! (The ceiling of course. . )
via Decorpad

via Decorpad

 Black in a nursery? Why not?! Especially when paired with a yellow and white stripped ceiling!
via Jenna Lyons

OK, although I said color is usually a crucial element in designing a nursery, I am really drawn to this neutral space. There is something so soothing about it, plus it would work well for a girl or a boy!
via Made by Girl 

via Julie Richards

via Lonny

via Decorology

This boy's nursery below is a favorite of mine! I love it so much it makes me want a little boy of my own someday!
via Julie Richards

I love the idea of painting an old crib a fun, bold color to give it new life! Isn't this nursery so sweet?!
via Decorpad

via Life in the Fun Lane

Related Posts with Thumbnails