Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Innate Chicness of J.A.



Have you checked out Jonathan Adler's website lately? If not, GO THERE RIGHT NOW! I promise, you won't regret it!



It's been updated with all sorts of fun stuff like free wallpaper downloads for your cell phones (titled PDA's-- 'Public Displays of Adler') and a whole new 'juniors' section filled with cutsies for kids. My favorite addition to the website is a link that lets you customize your own pillows, rugs and totes. I could spend hours playing around with the different patterns and colors!








I'm not sure if this is new or not (at least it's new to me!) but there is a stationary section filled with fun and affordable things for your office.



 Hosting a party and don't want to deal with the dishes, but the 'ol Chinet screams tacky?! Solution-- Jonathan Adler paper plates and napkins!



I could literally spend all day on his website. Oh, and did I mention, I'm a fan on his Facebook page? I get "Daily Adlerisms" in my news feeds every day. Somehow, I can't help but chuckle when I open up Facebook and see this:

Daily Adlerism! Walking in your front door should feel like running into your ex-boyfriend and he’s fat.


I know Jonathan Adler's manifesto has been on his site for some time now, but I can't help but smile re-reading it over again:  

We believe that your home should make you happy.

We believe that when it comes to decorating, the wife is always right.
Unless the husband is gay.

We believe in carbohydrates and to hell with the puffy consequences.

We believe minimalism is a bummer.

We believe handcrafted tchotchkes are life-enhancing.

We believe tassels are the earrings of the home.

We believe in our muses: David Hicks, Alexander Girard,
Bonnie Cashin. Hans Coper, Gio Ponti, Andy Warhol, Leroy Neiman,
Yves Saint Laurent, and Madonna.

We believe in the innate chicness of red with brown.

We believe in being underdressed or overdressed always.

We believe in infantile, happy emblems like butterflies and hearts.

We believe celebrities should pay full price.

We believe in rustic modernism: Big Sur, A-Frame beach houses,
raw beams, and geodesic dome homes.

We believe in Palm Beach style:
Louis chairs, chinoiserie, Lilly Pulitzer, The Breakers circa '72.

We believe our designs are award winning even though
they've never actually won any.

We believe in Aid to Artisans.

We believe dogs should be allowed in stores and restaurants.

We believe in mantiques - suits of armour,
worn chesterfield sofas, heraldic tapestries.

We believe you should throw out your Blackberry
and go pick some actual blackberries.

We believe colors can't clash.

We believe in blowing your nest egg on our pots.

We believe our lamps will make you look younger and thinner.

We believe in irreverent luxury.











Also available for your viewing pleasure on Jonathan Adler's website is a section labled 'Musings'. All I have to say is that you can't read just one!







If you can't tell already, I am a huge fan of all of his work--interiors, furnishings, decor, pottery, etc. In May I am going to be taking a trip to San Francisco (it's just a short 1 1/2 hour drive from where I live, but I don't get over there nearly enough) to visit the Decorator Showcase House. I plan to stop by Jonathan Adler's store while I'm there in the city. I can't wait!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails