Monday, April 5, 2010

Hippity Hoppity

You might remember back in March when I posted about some Easter decorating ideas, compliments of Martha Stewart, here. I really liked the idea of making an 'Easter egg tree' for the centerpiece on the main dinning table for our Easter celebration. I used this as my inspiration;


And here is my rendition; 



I created the base using a glass cylindrical vase, some styrafoam and spanish moss. The branches are faux pussy willows, and the eggs I found at Michaels' craft store. I held out until the Friday before Easter to buy all of my supplies, so I was able to get a lot of them for 40% off!


We had 40 people over for dinner. (Have I mentioned before, I have a BIG family?!) For the other tables I used these lime green pots I got at Ikea a few years back, and plopped a potted flower in each of them. To hide the ugly plastic pot inside, I used paper Easter grass. 


My mom has a large collection of tea cups so I used them to hold jelly beans and M&M's on each of the tables. 


I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! Aside from the on again off again rain, it was a great day. Did you do anything special to decorate for Easter?
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails