Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nautical-Chic Powder Room

I was so inspired by the mirror I featured yesterday in my roundup of products 'I'm digging' this week, that I decided to design an entire powder room around it! Here's what I came up with:

I think a wainscoting done in timeless, white subway tile would look great against walls painted a rich, navy blue color (Benjamin Moore's Down Pour Blue.) The Nautical Porthole Mirror is available here and the pedestal sink is available here. I selected bamboo blinds, a striped blue rug, and farmhouse style light fixture to add to the nautical feel of the space. The sailboat art is available here.

You'll noticed that I wasn't afraid to mix and match the metal finishes (chrome, bronze, etc.)! Designers seem to be pretty divided on this topic, they either love it or hate it. I however LOVE the trend of mixing metals in kitchens and bathrooms. It's being done more and more lately, and the 'matchy-matchy' look (ie: all satin nickle or all oil rubbed bronze fixtures) is headed out the door. However, a word to the wise, hire a designer if you are undergoing a bathroom or kitchen remodel! Mixing and matching finishes can look great if it's done correctly, otherwise you can end up with a hodge-podge of clashyness!

Contact me if you are interested in my interior design services or online-design packages. I offer extremely affordable rates and will work with you to create a home you love!
Related Posts with Thumbnails