Friday, February 12, 2010

Romantic Retreats



In light of Valentines Day quickly approaching, I wanted to share some of my favorite romantic retreats that I have saved in my inspiration files. The bedroom is always the perfect place to turn up the heat, add touches of femininity and to create an oasis that sparks romance. Elements that can enhance the passion in the bedroom include chandeliers, faux fur, canopy beds, candlelight, and flowers. Texture is also key when trying to create a sanctuary of love. The image below is one of my favorites and just screams 'romance' to me. The texture of the brick wall, combined with the elegant chandelier, layered rugs and chabby chic furnishings, make it the perfect example of a romatic retreat!


  

  

  

  

  

  

  

Is your bedroom a romantic retreat? Or does it need a little work, like mine?

Related Posts with Thumbnails