Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What I learned from Maria today

If you aren't already familiar with Maria Killam's blog Colour me Happy, go check it out!


I have to admit, I have recently become obsessed with Maria's blog and the plethora of knowledge and advise she gives to her readers on color (or according to Maria, "Colour". Doesn't it just sound fancier when you add the "u"?!) In addition to her fabulous blog, she also has an email newsletter you can sign up for to receive EVEN MORE helpful advice and tips on everything having to do with color!

Maria is a color consultant in the Vancouver area and she is also a member of the International Association of Color Consultants/Designers and the Color Marketing Group. She also teaches Color Theory at the Vancouver Community College. This lady really knows her stuff! I just wish I had her as my instructor when I took Color Theory at FIDM five years ago!

Here's a very simple lesson that I learned from Maria today; 

Color can only be described in three ways, it is ALWAYS either;

1) Clean or Dirty
2) Light or Dark
3) Cool or Warm




Related Posts with Thumbnails