Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm dreaming of a. . .



Peacock Christmas!

image via HGTV

The colors of the Christmas season are traditionally red, green and white. Colors symbolizing green fir trees, red holly berries and white snow continue to evoke a Christmas winter wonderland.While these colors are always popular choices, that doesn't mean you can't choose an unexpected color - or combination of colors - to deck your halls!

Last year I went all out and bought new decorations for Christmas that consisted of a festive red and lime green color pallet. While this combination of colors is still very popular (and fun!) I wish I had had the time (and budget) to accommodate a new theme this year! I would love, love, love to deck my halls with the jewel tone colors reminesint of a peacock; brilliant blues and greens, including bright aquas, rich teals, vivid emeralds, lime green  and a splash of purple! Here's some festive eye candy for you to kick off the holiday decorating season!

image via hostesswiththemostess.com

image via hostesswiththemostess.com

 



 image via flickr.com




 


 
 image via amazon.com

 
 image via amazon.com


Related Posts with Thumbnails