Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov. 2

Wow, can you believe it's November already?! I sure can't. . . I've been a busy little bee lately (as you can probably tell by the lack of posts here on the 'ol blog) but I think it's great when life stays pretty fast paced. Much better than being stagnate, right?! As I mentioned before here, I'm working with an online client in Savannah, Georgia. I finished up a couple of designs for her and I thought I would share them with you here today. First up is the entry;
 
 
My client loves traditional pieces but wanted to mix things up and give it sort of a twist. As you can see I selected an Ikea wardrobe to provide extra storage in the space. I used her existing wood console table but spiced it up a bit with some fun yellow lamps and a modern sunburst mirror. The lattice wallpaper and hanging lantern are my favorite elements in the room and the small foyer table definitely gives the space a formal, traditional feel.

Next up is the living room design. I had a lot of fun pulling together my clients ideas (I kept telling her she really knows what she is doing when it comes to decorating!) and adding a few extra layers to help tie everything together. Here's the floor plan and design boards;



We had to work with her existing sofa and leather club chairs (which I actually didn't mind, both were nice, neutral pieces of furniture.) The artwork framed in gold above the fireplace was also existing, I just suggested adding a couple of other pieces of art to create some dimension. I selected this rich blue paint color (Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore) which will make all the white in the room pop (ie; desk, shelves, fireplace, drapery panels, etc.) My client found two cute bamboo side tables at a consignment shop and I suggested painting them a navy blue color (since they will be situated in front of the white drapery panels.) The fabrics I chose for pillows are all from Schumacher and the cozy rug, parsons desk and lamps are all things she selected herself. I really love the traditional-eclectic feel of all the rooms in this house and it was such a fun project to work on! I'm looking forward to receiving 'after' photos once the transformations have taken place.

If you are interested in my online-design services, you can find out more info here!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back next week to share some more projects I'm working on :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails