Monday, April 23, 2012

Painted Ceilings

Poor, poor ceilings. . . they are constantly being neglected in homes and it really is a shame! Any time you go to paint a room, DO NOT forget about your ceiling. For many years I have stuck to my tried and true method of choosing the ceiling color in a room I'm redoing. Take your wall color and go 2-3 shades lighter on the paint chip sample and whala, you have the perfect color of paint for the ceiling. Well, we all know that equation gets boring after a while. Why not mix things up a bit and paint your ceiling (aka, the 'fifth wall') a completely different color?! It's a huge trend in interior design lately and I love the idea of getting creative with your ceiling paint color choice. Whether you choose a hue that compliments other accents in the room, or go completely crazy and introduce a new color on the ceiling, it's bound to have a big impact on any space!

via Decorpad
via HGTV
via Houzz
via House & Home
via Plenty of Colour
via BHG
via House Beautiful
via unknown
via House & Home
via Southern Living
via Houzz
I'm working with an online-design client right now to help her transform several rooms in her home. When selecting paint colors for her living room, I suggested painting the ceiling a bold shade of turquoise to compliment the gray walls and to match several of the accessories in the space. (You can see the room design here.) I was ecstatic to hear that she was on board with the unconventional selection I made and I was even more thrilled when she sent me pictures of the room after the painters had gotten to work. I'll share some photos with ya'll once the room is complete!

So what do you think about the idea of getting creative with ceiling paint colors?! Have you dared to try it in your own home? I've been contemplating repainting my kitchen sometime in the near future and would LOVE to get bold with the ceiling paint color. Oh, the possibilities!




Related Posts with Thumbnails