Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Moving Outside

As the weather is slowly starting to warm up I am beginning to spend more and more time outdoors on our patio and in the backyard. . . Last summer I transformed the unused patio into an actual outdoor living room. It was seriously the biggest improvement I feel like I made to our home to date. It was like adding a room onto the house, without the construction costs of course! I added a seating area complete with coffee table and end tables, loads of potted plants and colorful outdoor throw pillows. On hot days and warm evenings you can find my husband and I sitting on our back patio, sipping wine, eating dinner, reading magazines, or just chit chatting about how our days went. (So much nicer than sitting in front of the TV!)

This year we decided to tackle the back yard landscaping, add a vegetable garden as well as clean up and re purpose our huge unused gazebo area. Our outdoor living space will be increasing in size and I can't be more excited! I've been pinning away on Pinterest all sorts of ideas and images that inspire me and thought I would share some with you today!

To see all image sources, go here

As for my personal taste, I think that I lean towards bohemian and eclectic inspired outdoor spaces. It's all about no-fuss when it comes to outdoor living. I love finding thrift store furniture that works great outside. Outdoor rugs, pillows and fabrics will soften any outside area. Oh, and of course the more plants the better! Anything that is tropical looking or has pops of color is definitely my style! What is your outdoor living style?!
Related Posts with Thumbnails