Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trend Alert: Ombre

The french word 'ombre' literally means shadow or shaded. This trend has been popular in fashion for quite some time, but has recently been popping up everywhere in interiors. In design, it is gradation and shading of color (typically going from light to dark) on fabric, walls, furniture or any other surface. I adore this trend and it's probably because it reminds me of tie dye! Although it is a little more sophisticated than tie die, but striking none the less. Take a look of some examples of ombre;

via Urban Outfitters

via Martha Stewart

via Making it Lovely

via Pinterest

via Martha Stewart Living

via Pinterest

 So what do you think of the ombre trend? Love it or leave it?! 

Related Posts with Thumbnails