Thursday, August 23, 2012

Project Sneak Peek: Teenage Boy Bedroom

After living in our house for over 3 1/2 years, I've finally decided it's time to tackle my step-son's bedroom. I don't know whether or not he's going to be very excited about the transformation. (He loves his hodge-podge bedroom with stickers on the walls, torn posters, and dirty teenage boy stuff everywhere.) But I'm tired of looking at all that and it's time for a change. I assured him it will still look "cool", it will just be a lot more organized, functional and stylish. I saw this room online while searching for inspiration and fell in love with the color combo;


Although he would love to have his bed hanging from the wall like the pictures above, we'll be sticking with a futon style bed instead. I love this color palette with gray walls, navy blue accents and pops of yellow. Here's the design board I came up with for my step-son's bedroom;


There is a large built in desk and cabinets in his room and I plan on painting them white, with the desk top painted dark gray. The dark gray paint color will also extend onto a focal point wall which will have a large built in bulletin board as well. I'm going to hang some navy blue curtain panels with black out lining (his one and only request for the bedroom) and also purchase a new rug for the space. His bedding will stay the same (a navy blue plaid comforter with gray sheets) but I plan on incorporating a yellow accent pillow or two.  All of the rock band/skateboard/surfing/etc. posters will go onto one large wall (I'm not going to be that mean and make him get rid of them!) Lastly, I think I'll incorporate some framed art above his bed (like in the inspiration pictures.)

So what do you think? Do you like this color combo and design plan as much as I do?! I'm excited to get started on a new project!




Related Posts with Thumbnails