Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21st



It's officially the last day of summer and today I picked the very last blossom in my yard. I was saving it just for today! We inherited a bazillion rose bushes when we moved into our new home. While the boy has proceeded to rip some of them out already, I have managed to convince him to keep a few. Granted, I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of rose bushes, they are so thorny and oddly shaped, etc., but the second I saw them start to bloom I fell in love! All summer I was fortunate enough to have bouquets of flowers adorning my dining table, bathroom counter, living room end tables, etc. We have a large variety too; pink, white, red, purple, yellow, and even a very unique rose that I am not able to identify (I've done a little bit of research online but am still unable to figure out what type of rose it is.) Nonetheless, it is soooo beautiful with its pink tips, yellow undertones, and white petals. Awwww, if only I could enjoy these pretties all year round! Oh well, I am already looking forward to spring and seeing my favorite blooms pop up again!
Related Posts with Thumbnails